Monday, October 26, 2009

Bouncing Back Up

You know that nasty flu that is going around? The one we've all been hearing far too much about? It seems to have struck our family. Last Thursday, our Little Princess came down with a fairly high fever and laid around on the couch all day watching TV and napping. It was sad. By after school Friday, Boy Wonder had a high fever too, though the Princess was feeling "medium" with no more fever.

Wife and I both said a sad good-bye to our fun weekend plans - a visit to see her family, and a celebration of passing the bar and getting sworn in with my friends. By day's end, I too was feeling feverish, and though the thermometer never confirmed it, think I was hit too - headache, sore throat, tired....Wife felt much the same.

Today I stayed home from work, Boy Wonder stayed home from school, and we all continued Day Three of being shut-ins. (Wife notes it was her Day Five...ugh!) At one point, the rain was pouring down and the Princess really wanted to go on a rain walk. No one had a fever anymore, and we all needed to get out of the house, so we figured, "What the heck!" We took the dogs, and went splashing through our neighborhood. The kids managed to find a puddle deep enough to flood right into their boots! I was happy I'd bought a waterproof pair of women shoes last year that are really more like boots. We played Good Samaritan and unclogged the drain that was causing the huge deep puddle....it was quite impressive when the water finally started flooding into the drain - it swirled down just like a giant toilet. Very fun for us all!

We don't yet know what tomorrow will bring. So far, no fevers at all today. That is good news!

1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

Hooray for feelling better! The pig flu has made it's appearance where I work but so far i've dodged it. I hope I continue to be as lucky!