Friday, October 23, 2009

Watch Out!

There comes a moment in every woman's life where she must ask herself, "Do I have enough watches?"

I believe I now have 10-15, but the answer is still, "no." I do not yet have this beauty by Fossil:



There is just something about watches - the balance of form and function - that pleases me. The funny thing is, ever since the birth of our first child, I rarely wear a watch. When Boy Wonder was born, I didn't want to snag him with the watch, plus there was all the hand-washing, and bathing of the baby, and well, lots of reasons that it didn't matter what time it was.

Now, I love buying a nice watch on sale, or even better, receiving one as a gift. I add each new treasure to my collection, look at it frequently, wear it sometimes, and appreciate it always. Take the above watch, for instance, it is not just your average watch. It is brown, water resistant, sports a tiny diamond, and features three chronograph dials. Don't ask me what the heck those do, beside look cool, because it doesn't really matter. I don't even need the watch to keep time. I have my cell phone for that. Still, keeping accurate time is a bonus, particularly if the phone is not handy. No reason to believe this battery-powered quartz movement watch would not be an excellent time-keeper.

I bet this watch feels good. Nice weight, pleasant texture, and would probably draw compliments.

Maybe I am just a freak, but I suspect there are other watch-lovers out there just like me.

5 comments:

Lynilu said...

I have about a dozen myself, and noways, I don't even wear them unless I go out without the cellphone. But I'm a goober for them. sigh.

Dakota said...

Aha! I knew there were more of us out there!

Lynilu said...

Tell me, do you actually war yours? If so, it makes more sense! Of course, I bought mine when I did wear them. sigh, many unworn watches and a desire to own a really weird backpack for which I also have no use. Is there a pattern here?

Dakota said...

Lynilu - I occassionally wear them, not often. It's mostly enough just to have them! :)

Heather said...

I am a watch person too. I told Brookie last nigth thats what she could do for me for chrsitmas.. get me a watch box to keep them all in..lol