Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The sweet smell of vacation...
is rather sadly lacking from our lives this summer. Lots of folks are on vacation this week. Work is rather empty. Traffic is light, which is nice. With all the job drama, and various extended family issues - first Casey's mom, and now my dad - it has been really hard to plan a get-away. We still hope to do something in August, but in the mean time, we are enjoying our own backyard. We've been enjoying a lot of barbecued meals, eating outside, playing on the swingset (kids, not adults), and in the blow-up pool (kids and adults. OK - one adult mostly - me!) It's nice to let the kids run around and burn off their energy, especially since the temps have been moderate. Our hot weather is starting though. It may get 90 today, or tomorrow, anyway. Soon we'll be saying, "It's too hot outside." When I get hot I try to remember that if I was in Disneyland, in the same temperature, I'd be soaking it in and loving it. So, very few complaints will be heard from me.

So, it's local fun for now, but you can bet I will be dreaming about the day when we can pack up our Samsonite luggage, and go on a REAL vacation!

2 comments:

Audra said...

man! i just moved near disney, and i still cant find the time to get there!!!

Monogram Queen said...

I want to go on a cruise or to NOLA or to Europe but sadly i'm just going to have to make do with Folly Beach this week-end, and i'm darn lucky to be going!