Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Longing for the Ocean
Here's a question for you - is Puget Sound part of the ocean? Are the San Juan Islands in the Ocean? I will say "yes" to both. The ocean water flows in and around each, so they do qualify.

Anyway, as many of you have noted, Casey and I have had a rough time lately. We are both emotionally and physically drained and in need of some rejuvenation. Why didn't we invest in a nice piece of real estate on the ocean, or in the Islands, several years ago? Then we'd have our waterfront retreat to escape to at times like this. We didn't think we had the money back then....back when we both had jobs and a fair amount of discretionary income....but compared to our single-income life now? We had the money. OK, maybe not for waterfront property, but you know, one wise investment, and we could have turned it over for a profit and bought up from there.....Nice to dream.

Well, we will certainly be getting up at least very near the San Juan Islands in the not too distant future, as that is where we will be scattering my dad's ashes. No matter where that ritual happens, my dad will always be very much a part of the San Juan Islands, and I have no doubt his spirit will visit there often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you...and the whole family,my friend. So much sadness in such a short span of time! Thank goodness you have such a strong family connection. I'll hold you all in my heart...
:-(
Stella