Monday, July 23, 2007

Blogging for Dollars
Yes, yes, I am doing some blogs for money. Call me names, make me feel cheap, say I sold out, then hear about the awesome that we bought with the money we've made from getting paid to blog. Check out the increase in my traffic. As I have mentioned before, getting a few bucks to work in a key phrase while still writing in an honest way about my life seems like a great thing. It makes me write more, which makes me a better blogger and gives my readers more to read. A lot of companies have found it pays to do blog advertising and I am happy to help them while they help me. Win-win-win situation all around, from my perspective. I may never make huge bucks doing this because even though I like to get paid to blog, I do not want to turn this into a review site because frankly, I wouldn't be that interested in a lot of the review opportunities out there. I'll do some though, if I can find a way to relate it to my life so that it keeps it interesting for me and for my readers. For instance, Smorty.com is a company that pays people to blog. I have done a few assignments for them - such as the one about the chair lifts, and was able to relate it to what Casey and I have been going through with our parents. Smorty has been a good company to work with so far - and paid within two weeks, actually less. If you are interesting in getting paid to blog, you might want to check them out.

1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

I think this is a great opportunity! Congrats!