Friday, September 17, 2010

The Invitation

A friend sent me a link to this poem entitled The Invitation, and told me it is how she tries to live her life.

I do not have permission to reprint the entire poem,(although I guess it spread like wildfire and inspired an entire book back several years ago) but here are the first few lines:

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living.I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.


-Oriah Mountain Dreamer

If this intrigues you, click on the link above or do a search on the author's name. I will be looking into her work more. Her words touched me.

1 comment:

Lynilu said...

Nice. Real grist there. Thanks for sharing. :)