Thursday, September 23, 2010

Brady Bunch is at Buy.com



You could be the proud owner of all five seasons of The Brady Bunch.

Far out and groovy, right? Just what I was thinking! I grew up on the Brady Bunch - Bobby, Peter, Greg, Cindy, Jan, Marcia (Marcia, Marcia, Marcia rings in my head in Jan's whiny voice), and of course, Alice. Oh, they had parents, too. Forget the "everything I needed to know I learned in kindergarten;" I learned it from the Brady Bunch. In 30-minutes a week, or a day once reruns started, this family would teach me how to react to and solve all of life's problems. The lessons have served me well -

- Always tell the truth
- Think of the other person
- Help others, especially family
- Don't throw footballs towards the house

I also found out who Davy Jones was. I was a bit young to have understood that one.

I think it would be fun to have all episodes on hand. I LOVED the ones where they sang. Those were my absolute favorites! Can anyone NOT remember "Time to Change" when Peter's voice changed? The Silver Platters when the kids had to enter a contest to pay for the engraving on their parents' anniversary gift?

I would love for my kids to grow up with the Brady Bunch messages. Are they too simple though now? They represent great values of honesty and compassion, but without the very real threats of violence, drugs and conveniences such as cell phones and computers, would the kids be able to relate? I tried Kelton on an episode or two on cable back a year or two ago, but he was too young to be interested. A friend's daughter recently discovered The Brady Bunch on Nickelodeon and thought she had discovered something new and wonderful. Guess there is hope the messages live on and are relevant to today's kids, too.

All five seasons can be found on sale for under $100. Seems like a good investment to me!

No comments: