Friday, September 17, 2010

Found a Cool Watch at Buy.com


I can easily go into a jewelry store, or pick up a catalog and find a watch I love. I tend to have expensive taste, and often my first choice is far out of my price range. I don't need expensive watches. I have one really nice one that my sisters and their kids got me for law school graduation, so I have a beautiful "special occasion" watch. I rarely even wear a watch anymore, despite my ever-growing collection. Still, they are fun to have, collect, look at, and wear upon as the mood strikes.

Today a less-expensive watch (though by no means cheap), which is also a woman's watch, caught my eye, so I thought it was worth sharing. I often think the nicest designed watches are men's watches, so finding a woman's watch is notable. It is a Casio Baby G in purple.

The watch is shock resistant with LED light. It also has the following features: Afterglow. World time - 29 time zones (27 cities), city code display, daylight saving on/off. Countdown timer. 5 independent daily alarms (4 one-time alarms and 1 snooze alarm). Full auto-calendar (to year 2039). 12/24-hour format.

It is plastic so I was disappointed to find it is not water-resistant. I doubt anyone of repute even make men's watches that are not water resistant, but it does speak to this being a very fashionable watch. It looks like an everyday watch that you could wear to work or out running errands, but probably not my first choice to take out camping.

I love the vibrant color - on my computer it is more of a blue violet than true purple. If that is really the color, the watch would be worth it for the color alone. That was my favorite color in the 64-pack Crayola pack when I was a kid! This watch is on sale for half its usual $150 price tag at Buy.com.

No comments: