Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tick Tock.....

I am excited that in just a bit more than 12 hours Vicki and I will hear the alarm signaling it is time to get out of bed, head to the airport and hop on a plane to Hawaii!  For a week there will be no concerns about the realities of daily life - cooking, alarm clocks, demands of kids, dogs, (I put that in there for Casey) work, vacuuming, thinking about health insurance, medicare supplement plans, auto and life insurance, remembering my credit union password and is it different than my work one....and all the other little things that make up a "normal" day. Ah....feels good already! 

To those of you who have sent advice about what do see and do: thank you!  We hope to strike a balance between adventure and relaxation - and see "just enough" to feel like we did the island justice without burning ourselves out.  Let the games begin!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Oh yeah - worrying about the dogs. I can see where you need a break from that. Oh wait. No I can't. :)

Have fun and ummm....feel free to bring me back chocolate covered macadamia nuts and rice candy. You know...as a thank you for enduring no child free break time while you are off living on island time. And oh yeah....when I get a job and some vacation time racked up, I'll be leaving the kids with *you* for a week or so.... :) :) If that isn't incentive to find a job, I don't know what is. :)

Now go fly away. Have fun.