Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Flying Away

In a few days, I suspect I will be ready to open  snow-cone or coconut carving franchises, ditch the big city and adopt "island life."  I know the reality is, it does not work that way, and vacation in a tropical paradise tends to be WAY better than living there, where it takes 2-3 jobs just to make ends meet...but it is a nice daydream. 

Hey - speaking of dreams - we got great news this morning - we got free upgrades to first class for our flight to Kona! I have never flown first class before and am looking forward to it!  It is good to be with a woman who has racked up many frequent flyer miles! My legs are already appreciating the extra room!  (By the way, Lynilu, restless leg symptoms have mostly gone away, as long as I take my vitamins. That reminds me, I should pack some for the trip!) 

Tonight I see the kids, and in the morning, we are off. I have already gotten souvenir requests from the little ones - who had great ideas for me.  I asked them what they would like, rather than guessing, since I thought they might have special things in mind this time, as Kelton did when I went to Paris. He still sometimes wears his beret and pretends to be French. :)  I will miss seeing the kids for just two nights since it is not my weekend anyway. Thanks to Casey for covering my Thursday and Tuesday nights!  Maybe next time, the kids will join us....I have a little girl who really wants to learn to surf!

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing better!

Now .... go have a ball!!!!!

Lynilu said...

BTW, if you open that snow cone stand, it's OK with me .... I'll have another place to stay when I make my next trip there!!