Wednesday, March 09, 2011

How Busy is Busy Enough?

Ever feel like you need a good pair of shoes to keep up with your life?  I often feel like I am not aking as much forward progress as quickly as I would like, but then I get hit with something, like getting sick for a week, and I look carefully at my life, and I see that, yes, indeed, I am busy and moving right along.  On any given week, I am learning a new job, traveling back and forth to Vancouver to spend the evening with the kids twice, and four times on the weekends when the kids stay with me, getting used to a new home, and learning the ins and outs of a still-fairly-new relationship.  Those are all great things - but do take time and energy resources.  Maybe I am being too hard on myself when I feel like I am just not doing enough and could use a real break. 

What great timing:  trip to Hawaii with Vicki starts next Wednesday!  I am a very lucky person!

1 comment:

Lynilu said...

How exciting!! Where are going in HI? I know I don't need to tell you to pack the Keen's! I loved wearing mine while I was there. I wore another shoe just a couple times. Going from the sidewalk to a dirt path to the sandy shore and into the water with no second thought was just perfect!!

Have fun! Yeah, I know, I didn't need to say that either!