Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mid-summer scramble for plans

Wife and I have realized we've reached mid-summer, and though we'd not planned on any significant vacation are both desperate for an escape from our normal routines. I've been scanning all travel and other web sites for great deals both near and far and though I've found some crazy airline prices, ads for cheap Phentermine and ways to lose 10 lbs in 10 days (Why is it that diet ads are everywhere?), I've found nothing that we feel good about spending too much money on. While Disneyland is the preferred destination, it is also quite costly. Park Hopper tickets alone for a family of four, for five days runs over $700! Ouch. Maybe something that won't require driving for 14 hours with two kids is a better bet.....So, now I am seeking a closer destination with a view and maybe a hot tub. Might settle for two beds anywhere far away from the household responsibilities and within easy driving distance of shops and parks to explore. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Casey said...

I'm tuned! I'm eager to see what you come up with because, like you, I'm needing to shake up the routine a bit. Get away and have some fun.

Wooohoooo!!!!

Monogram Queen said...

See you are lucky.

You BOTH get the itch to get away. Any itching goes on around here by him is the athlete's foot kind NOT the wandering kind :(