Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Trip Report Coming Soon!

It is my last full day with Vicki in Virginia, and we are trying to enjoy every moment without getting too bogged down in the depressing thoughts of being apart again soon. It is a balancing act though.  It is wonderful being out here and sharing so many amazing sights - the history, the entertainment, and as my friend Dave said, "the sheer joyful tackiness of the Jersey Shore."  Still, I must return home to my kids, the job search, ads for customer service jobs spread amongst the legal jobs, my current job, apartment and other responsibilities. We are trying to figure out how this bi-coastal relationship thing works, and realizing that like much of life, we will have to make it up as we go along. It is working well so far. We have now been together for over 7 months and both feel the promise of a bright future ahead.

1 comment:

Lynilu said...

You're right about life being made up as we go. I recently had a friend (the one I'm going to visit in HI) ask what I wanted/expected/feared about the trip and our being together so intensely for two solid weeks. This included the whole Hawaiian experience and our personal relationship. We don't have romantic aspirations, but we realize we are sympatico in many ways, so one never knows, given the situation. I told him I've learned, especially when things seem so unpredictable, to not expect, just let things flow. Having expectations is a set up!

So just keep doing what you must in daily life and enjoy where it leads!