Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Feeling the Fall

Fall is here, and though I tend to dread it every year because it heralds the beginning of the rainy season, I do love it!  I am constantly amazed by the magical changing colors of the leaves, the whirlwinds of leaves blowing across the sidewalks,  the smell of the cool, fresh air, and the feel of it on my face.  It has been a really nice fall, so far, with mostly nice weather, and last night, for the first time, I smelled someone starting what was probably their first fire of the season.  Even though I'd just spent too much time wandering the grocery store aisles in search of Halloween candy, Zip Lock bags and acne wash, and was feeling a bit cranky, as soon as I got outside, the shopping trip was forgotten and the magic of fall rushed through my body.   It is a good time of year!

No comments: