Monday, March 08, 2010

A Tease of Spring

Wow - what a spectacular weekend it was here! Saturday was supposed to get up to 63 degrees. I do not know what the temperature was, but it was warm, sunny, blue skies...a perfect spring day! Definitely a weekend to get out the patio cushions, mix up a refreshing beverage and just chill. Or, in my case, since it was not my weekend with the kids and the house, I got out into the sun and played! Went to a local outdoor recreation area for a while, made a brief stop to say hi to the kids because my boy was missing me, then into the downtown area to explore city life, including Powell Books, which is the most amazing bookstore on the planet. Sunday was not as warm, but there were several sun breaks. It was a nice tease of good things to come, but this morning I heard that by evening a "wintry mix" may hit the area. *sigh* It was fun while it lasted!

No comments: