Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Favorite Pen

There are at almost all times two things in my pocket, Burt's Bees Lip Balm and a Fisher Space Pen. Yes, I carry a pen with me at all times and have for...wow...since before Kelton was born. I bet it's been at least 10 years. If memory serves correctly, I first had a black one, but finally lost it. When I got the replacement I got this chrome beauty:

At only 3.75 inches long (closed - 5.25 inches open with cap on the end), it is perfect for carrying in my pocket. It writes upside down, at extreme temperatures and even underwater. It will usually write on the waxy credit card paper that some pens will not write on. Convenient! I was able to pull it out of my pocket just yesterday when an attorney I was with was trying to sign a paper and the pen he had wouldn't work on the slick paper.

The pen is ball point, which is not my favorite type of pen, but I don't use this pen for regular writing. It is my "sign credit card slips," "sign in at doc's office," "need to write a phone number" pen. It is great when you don't want to use the public pen that thousands of other people have touched. It writes smoothly, comes with black ink, and refills, in black and blue, are easily accessible on the internet.

Yes, I love my pen, but I did see one in a beautiful teal on sale a couple of weeks ago. I may have to buy myself a present before too long...

No comments: