Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Dream Netbook is on Sale

OK, anyone who has been reading my blog for long - heck not even that long, knows that I am very interested in this adorable little netbook. It is cute and blue and powerful with an 8-hour battery life. Well, my dream Samsung NC-10 is currently on sale for just $329, including shipping! That is nearly $100 less than when I first started lusting after this machine only about three months ago.

Isn't it pretty?



From the ad:

"Weighing just 2.9 pounds, its designed to keep you online and on the go. Experience the freedom to surf the Web, shop and chat on IM with the latest wireless technology. Zip through your online applications with a speedy new Intel Atom processor. Store all your favorite videos, music, images and more with 160GB of storage, and enjoy them on a SuperBright 10.2-inch LCD."

The amazing thing about this to me is the size. Take a look at this:



One of the biggest complaints about netbook keyboards is that often non-alpha keys get put in odd places, but not with this baby. The 90% normal-size keyboard keeps everything in its usual spot, making it easy to use!

Loading programs can be done via a separate hard drive, or even a USB, according to a computer geek I was talking with one day. Yup - couple of USB drives, and I think I would be set!

Besides not really being ready to drop $300 on a toy, the other thing holding me back is that as soon as I commit to it, I will probably discover a program I REALLY want that will require the power and size of a bigger laptop. Wouldn't that just figure?

Still, it is nice to dream. Too bad it isn't just black, or silver. That would be so much easier to resist.

No comments: