Monday, June 11, 2007

Off for the Summer
Funny how when I tell people that, they think it means I'm not going to school or working or anything. Ha! "Off for the summer" for this night student means I'm out of classes and experiencing a "normal" life when I go home at the end of the day and have dinner with my family. It is nice to be really, truly involved with my family again...although...damn, this parenting thing takes a lot of energy. I am never surprised when my wife tells me she is tired. Kids are exhausting! I always tell her that I did not sign up to stay home with the kids; I know I could not do it. I would have to be locked up...it would either drive me bonkers (that is a technical term, I believe) or drive me to criminal acts. That would be bad for an attorny-in-training. I ADORE my children, but I really am much better as a weekend warrior parent :)

We had a great time at the Children's Museum on Friday. I am just a big kid at heart and had the best time in this huge pit of ground up rubber tires meant to be used like a sandbox. We played with buckets, shovels, trucks, and best of all, a conveyor belt that you could put soft rocks and the ground rubber on and then have them dump into a truck, or, as my son discovered, my head. It was pretty funny. Baby Girl and I sat at the end of the conveyor belt and let him shower us with the colorful, soft pellets, and she laughed with delight. Too cute!

So, I stay busy all during the school year, and now that I am "off for the summer" what am I thinking of doing? Writing children's books! I am a writer at heart, and for about a year now, I have been telling my son "little boy stories" at night. I'm considering putting some of them into print - for our family, and for general sale, too. I'm not going to go through the hassle of finding a publisher and all....been there, almost done that, and know I have no time, or patience, for that game....but would do it all myself through an on-demand publisher (really essentially a printing service). Not like I have the time or marketing budget to really go all-out to try to sell them, but could post -em on the web and see what happens. There are bound to be some families out there that wouldn't mind some fun stories about an adventurous little boy who happens to have two moms.

Hey - it's time to eat lunch! Gotta grab a bite to eat and watch that Melissa/Sophie video again! *grin*

No comments: