Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010



This Valentine's Day was hardly one to put in the record books under the heading "Most Romantic," but was not a complete disaster either. In fact, I spent it with my two favorite little people in the whole world - my kids. After giving them the gifts and candy provided by both moms, they both made me lovely heart-felt, well...hearts! Kelton's is pictured above. Didn't he do a great job!? He also wrote me a wonderful, loving note. Sweet!

Since our plans to get a new wii fell through (see previous post), I offered to take Kaylen to see the Princess and the Frog. Kelton felt it would be too girly and opted to have a play date with a friend. So, here is my Valentine's Day date, happy as can be with her popcorn and princess dress. She insisted on dressing up for the princess movie. Adorable!



The movie was wonderful! Great music, wonderful storyline, positive message, fun animation...way better than I had expected. I will happily watch it again someday.

My Valentine's Weekend ended Monday, after three days with the kids. We'd been to multiple parks, played, laughed, eaten, gotten through some cranky moments, some sad moments, and all in all, had a good time. Kaylen was sad to see me go, as always, and I tried to soften the blow by officially handing over into her care the two dozen gorgeous red roses that had been sent to me by an old friend. It worked for a little while....and then hitting me with her Valentine's Bear, at the suggestion of her brother, made her laugh. Hey - whatever works!


(Beautiful, right? I am a lucky woman to have great kids and wonderful friends in my life!)

1 comment:

Lynilu said...

I've heard very good things about that movie, even from adults. I love the pic of Kaylen! How cute she is, and you can read the excitement in her face!

And yes, you are lucky!