Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Year's Resolutions?

I heard a statistic on the radio yesterday.  The third Monday in January is supposed to be the saddest day of the year. By that point people have started receiving their Christmas spending credit card bills, the high from any vacation time has ended, the weather is usually not great, and most people have already given up on their well-intended resolutions.

I have never been a big New Year's Resolution fan.  It seems like a lot of hype - and really, there is no reason that any day of the year that I want to start doing or changing something, I can. No point in limiting it to one day a year.  Besides, I wouldn't want to break a Resolution, so if I don't make one, it can't be broken!

I am not calling them Resolutions, but I am thinking about goals for the year. More on that in the next post. How about you? Any big NY's resolutions out there?

No comments: