Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Year's Resolutions - Part 2

Yes, so I am thinking about goals for the year. Vicki and I were talking about them a couple nights ago, and I realized that most were still too general in my mind. In order to be achieved, they should be more specific, that way, I will know when I have reached the goal, right?  I hate to throw out the term SMART, but I will because it  is actually useful. That is the thing where goals should be Specific Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely (uh..something about setting a timeline, anyway).

I have been thinking about all areas of my life - family, career, physical and mental health, spiritual - and considering what I would like to have done or learned.  One thing I would like to do is take a weekend course in glass blowing or glass tile.  I have decided that does not have to be a goal for this year, but if it happens - great!  Might be better to hold off until we have more room where I can safely display something that is glass!

No comments: