Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Year's Resolutions - Part 3

I actually did write down some fairly specific goals yesterday and I feel good about them.  I am about to start a 90-day meditation course, and I want to complete that with at least a 5/7 day participation rate. I plan on doing at least 10 pages of creative writing each month. I also want to find two mentors at work and participate in at least three career-development activities that are not directly job responsibilities.

I plan on getting more exercise - I was doing great for a while last year, but really slacked off.  I don't want to be worrying about needing to do diet pill reviews!  My goal is at least 20 minutes of exercise 3 times per week. I have not set a timeline on that, but feel OK about that fact.

I plan on taking the kids on a nice vacation this year. It is a goal.  I did so much cool travel last year, and this year, I would like to include the kids. We are hoping to be able to make a trip to Disneyland a reality.

There are more, but those are some of the major ones.  Sometimes it feels like I will never have enough time or energy to do all the things I want to do, but it is funny how the busier you are, the more that gets accomplished! It is also amazing how much more time there is in a day when the TV does not get turned on!

No comments: