Friday, January 22, 2010

School House Rock!

OK - to all of you my age, or close to it, here is a blast from the past: Schoolhouse Rock - 30th Anniversary Edition. Who could forget the catchy little tunes and cartoon characters teaching us important lessons about grammar, history, government and more? Those were some of my favorite moments of Saturday mornings. I memorized all of the songs, right along with the rest of you, right?

Schoolhouse Rock - "Where Knowledge is Power!" Casey and I purchased one of these sets when Kelton was very young. We got it out once, but he was still too young to really enjoy it. I really need to dig it out again now that both kids are old enough to appreciate it.

The songs include, "I'm Just a Bill," "Three is a Magic Number," "Interjections," and so many more. This set includes all the School House Rock songs ever recorded. Remember..."I'm just a bill, yes, I'm only a bill, and I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill?" So fun! How about, "And, but and Or, they will get you very far now..."? It is fun these are on sale now that those of us that grew up on this stuff have kids of our own...oh, heck, some of us are getting close to having grandchildren that could be watching these dynamite little educational gems.

No fancy special effects....simple graphic arts....wonderful music...artfully educational messages. Sweet!

1 comment:

nikk said...

Thanks to having Schoolhouse Rock around when I was a kid, I was still able to remember the Preamble to the Constitution when I was in college. Schoolhouse Rock ROCKS!