Friday, October 10, 2008

Where do kids get these things?

It is always amazing noticing the things the kids have learned. Boy Wonder is reading and using his imagination in wondrous ways. Our Little Princess has an amazing capacity for gratitude and empathy, and an impressive vocabulary. Sometimes we wonder where the heck they came up with a particular expression, or how they learned to us it in just the right context, but mostly,we can chalk it up to the fact they are sponges.

Case in point - This morning I ate my breakfast while watching Boy Wonder play a computer game. He had just reached a new level, and was doing quite well.

"This is going to be easy!" He proclaimed.

A few moments later he lost a life (actually popped the bouncy ball he was manipulating in a Mario-style game) and had to start the level over again.

"I stand corrected," he says with perfect timing.

I smiled to myself and thought about how I had to remember to tell Wife this one. Instead, I have posted it for all the world to see.

Next thing you know he will probably be designing engineering marvels and casually tossing out opinions on the lastest in music and Oscar de la Renta fashions. You never know what will be next!

Have a nice weekend.

1 comment:

Lynilu said...

Children hear e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g their parents say. Aren't you glad your kids hear and learn vocab by hangin' out with you? I am! They've got a good head start!