Sunday, October 05, 2008

Family Day

For a grocery shopping day, it actually ended up quite good. First off, I have not been dreading it since Thursday. I've decided that is just a terrible way to go into the weekend, and is a set up for failure. Both kids were good in the store - got lots of groceries, a new shirt for the Princess, batteries, bar faucets - well, maybe not that, but there were a ton of bags, so I can't be really sure.

After putting away the groceries, we had a picnic on a blanket in the living room. Later Wife went to a baby shower and the kids and I found several fun things to do in between me trying to get chores done. For the last week or so we've been playing "Halloween," which could be any of a variety of games focussed on dressing up and playing "trick or treat" at the bedroom and bathroom doors. We played one of these games today, with background music found on Youtube - like Monster Mash and the Addams Family theme.

The night ended with me discovering that I could walk with one kid attached to each foot (I had told Boy Wonder earlier in the day he was too heavy and I could not do that with him anymore), tickle games, bath and bed.

It was a good day. Now for some quiet time with my Wife. Good night, all.

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

The simplest days are often the best, aren't they?

Monogram Queen said...

Sounds like a great day and I hope you had some, uh, "quiet time" with the wife *wink*