Thursday, December 06, 2007

Last Class - Done!

Wahoo! I had my last class last night! Now, I do three finals over the next two weeks, and polish up a paper by January. I now have TON of studying, synthesizing and memorizing to do! Sounds like a migraine just waiting to happen, doesn't it? I'm trying to stay cool, stick to a study plan, figure out where it can flex if necessary, and I think all will be fine.

I'm ready for 3 of my 4 classes to be done. One was good, but intense. One was mostly OK. One was really pretty bad. The fourth, the one I am not ready to be over, is Energy Law. I wish that one was continuing, or we had other classes in it. There is SO MUCH TO LEARN and no way to learn it via a class now. Well, other than independent study or an internship. DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!

I am happy to report I have secured what I think will be a really great internship at a well-known utility company. They are on the list of the 100 best corporate citizens as determined by Business Ethics magazine. The attorney I am working with seems really enthusiastic about what she does and is eager to work with me. Now, how I will have time for work, internship, class and family, I don't know....but in playing with the numbers yesterday, I best become a speed reader (driver, sleeper....)!

1 comment:

Monique said...

Congratulations on the internship and I will most certainly want to know how you will manage it all.

From a mother a of 3, married, full time job and aspiring law student. You give me hope it can all be done.

M