Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thoughts of Summer and Law School

It is fun, exciting and a bit unnerving going into my last summer before the end of law school. I cannot wait to see my family each night and spend full weekends together. No "Sorry, Mama has to go study, but maybe later," for more than three months! I had been contemplating an internship, and still have a possibility of one, but don't want to over-commit my time. So, I am left pondering options - could I work with this firm in the fall? Should I be seeking out other options for fall placements? Will there be an internship seminar such an experience would fit in, or could I do it as independent study? What jobs might open up over the next year and what are the pros and cons of leaving my current job now to get into a real legal job? So much to consider!

To distract myself from studying for finals, there is always the internet - ridiculous videos, interesting tidbits, fun blogs, reviews of products from MP3 players to Leptovox, to vacation destinations. (We have a two-day beach vacation already planned for mid-May! Yippee!) Then there is always posting on my own blog!

OK, OK, I am going....have to study for Final #1, which is tonight at 6:00pm.

2 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

I'm sure with three months to ponder you will make the right decisions! You smart like that :)

Yay for the Beach. We have a house booked for the week of June 7-14 and I CAN'T WAIT.

Mary Lewis-Pierce said...

Good luck on your first final!