Wednesday, January 31, 2007

More on The L Word and other misc. thoughts.....

Yes, I know it was three days ago now, but that doesn't mean I can't still talk about it :)

Jen is turning into a serious freak. I really liked her last season, but maybe the character had gotten too "normal" to be really interesting. The psycho-ness is kind of annoying, but it does add something to the show. Even though she's bugging me, I still enjoy watching her. You never know what she is going to do.

Alice is wonderful and a kick. She's enjoying the crazy, new sex with Bette's boss - but we all see it coming; Alice is just having fun and the older woman is falling hard for her. Alice is really great bantering with Papi, too. In fact, Alice is great with everyone. For me, I mean "great" in the "fun to hang with" kind of way, not the "I must have her" kind of way.

Bette repeated a phrase we've heard her say before, this time to her TA - "This can't ever happen again." Just like with the carpenter? I think she means it this time, unlike the first time. Let's get rid of the slutty TA. Giving her what she wanted was a mistake.

Shane.
Shane is great in the other kind of way.

Though this episode didn't really have much happening in it, it was fun to watch anyway. That's what I expect out of my favorite show, just that they be entertaining.

What else is going on? School - grades turned out fine, I'm pleased overall. New classes are good, especially Advanced Legal Persuasion that I take during the day. It's a class that actually lets us use our creativity and think in a way that is different from most classes. Prof is great, well-prepared and clearly wants to help us be the best lawyers we can be.

I find the more heavily my life gets weighted towards legal analysis and other such scholarly thinking, the more I am pulled towards doing something creative. I need the balance to stay sane. We'll see what I come up with to fulfill that need.

4 comments:

Casey said...

Yes - let's see what you come up with. Feel free to get creative with the kids. That will help maintain your balance. :)

Mieke said...

I can't find your email address this morning. So forgive my off-topic post. Do you have a tort's outline? I desperate. I have a horrible teacher.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting site :)
ECSTASY:)
Hope it will always be alive!

Dakota said...

Mieke - I have sent you an email containing my outline and misc. information about my own Torts class experience. If you don't get it, please post to my blog again.
Thanks!
-Dakota