Saturday, February 26, 2011

Wii are Still Having Fun

From time to time, I have posted about how much fun the kids and I have with the Will.  Wii still do! Although not the near-obsession it once was for Boy Wonder, he still plays a fair amount, and Vicki is a gamer from way back (can you say original Nintendo....or Atari...?) so Wii is very much a part of our lives.  Over the years, I have heard so many good things about Wii Fit. I always planned on getting it someday. Fortunately, Vicki already had it and has brought it to our home in Portland. The kids and I have all set up accounts and have had a great time with balance games like tight-rope walking and aerobic activities like hula-hooping.  Kaylen is a champ at that!  I can see how this could easily be more than just a game, and an actual way to concentrate on  losing abdominal fat and getting into shape. I actually did work out with the Wii three or four times this week and it felt good - with the added benefit of being fun.  Let the games begin!

1 comment:

Lynilu said...

ATARI!!!!!!! My kids, who are around your age, were goners! I used to swear that their eyes were becoming rectangular!

I've thought about investing in Wii and Wii Fit. But it's an expensive "toy" since that would likely be my only use of it. So .... probably not.

Well, I just showed my age in both those paragraphs, didn't I? chuckle!