Saturday, February 26, 2011

Being Sick Sucks

I hate being sick. Two weeks ago I was out sick for 4 of 5 days of my new job. Talk about both scary and frustrating. I cannot remember when I last missed almost a full week of work due to illness.  Kaylen had been sick with a fever for about 5 days, then Kelton had it, and the doc said it was the flu.  Then I started not feeling well, but for me, it was just extreme fatigue.  By extreme, I mean walking up the stairs to get to the bathroom was a daunting task.  I may have had a slight fever - but no sore throat, coughing, stuffiness, headache - not the usual symptoms. Still, I was so exhausted, I couldn't drag myself to work - well, I could have - and could have sat there, not able to comprehend anything because my mind was mush - and exposed all of my co-workers, who then could have gotten angry at me when they got it.  That seemed a bad option.

My supervisor was super cool about it, and this week, although tired by the end of each day, I was mostly feeling like myself again. After that week, I was looking like I might need some of the best anti aging products but this week, I think I appear  almost look normal again. Well, normal for me. :)

1 comment:

Lynilu said...

I agree. I hate being sick. It's such an inconvenience, and I don't mean that as a joke. I really find it a nuisance to be down. Hope you're back up on level soon.