Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Useful Accessories - Buy.com


I have been traveling a lot lately and found an inexpensive item that has been priceless. It is basically a travel wallet that I can sling over my shoulder. It is big enough to hold both my very small camera, and my phone, plus money and miscellaneous things - like my baggage claim receipts. I bought it a few years ago, and Casey claimed it was a purse.

It is SO not a purse. :)

It is only about big enough to put a passport in, as far as width and height goes....then there are a few pockets - two zippered ones on the outside, and if you flip it open, a couple more inside. The entire unit clips closed with a buckle. You could put too much in it and make it bulky and not particularly usable, but I have managed to find just the right combination. It is perfect when traveling in warm weather because I can hold my phone and camera in it when my shorts pockets might be too loose ore get wet playing in sprinklers, and great for going through airports because all the little "pocket stuff" can be carried in it and tossed into the bin and through the z-ray machine with ease.

The one pictured is not exactly like the one I have, but is similar. Usually these can be found for sale with travel accessories like luggage locks, power converters and sleep pillows, or I got mine at an outdoor store where it was with other bags, backpacks and wallets.

No comments: