Friday, April 02, 2010

Easter Time!






The kids were so excited to decorate eggs! I don't know how many times I was asked, "Is it time, yet?" First, the answer was, "No, honey, the eggs are not even boiled, yet!"

Yesterday afternoon, I took the kids to see to see "Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel." It is Kelton's Spring Break and I had told him I would take an afternoon off to go do something fun. We did the movie, which they both loved - and I enjoyed,too - and then went home to do egg decorating. They were careful (relatively) with the colors, not spilling or blending until the end, and LOVED doing the "shrink wrap" wrappers using a hair dryer to melt the plastic. I had only used boiling water, so this was fun. They held the dryer while Mom risked burning her fingers! *grin* A good time was had by all!

HAPPY EASTER!

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

Oh, does that bring back memories! Thanks for a neat memory jogger. :)

Mimi said...

so you put plastic around the egg??? before or after you color them???? do you have a picture?

Dakota said...

Mimi - if you use a hair dryer to shrink the sleeve, then you can dye before or after. If boiling water, only after.

I do not have a picture of ours, but found some on the internet. The ones that seem to have full egg coverage of a decoration are really the sleeves:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uuaAc8C3eSA/ScFkTEqkHdI/AAAAAAAAD6Y/UF4ZO6TlGkk/s400/william+sonoma+egg+deoracting+kit+easter+3.jpg

Dakota said...

Mmmmm...see that link did not work. You can do a Google Image Search on Easter Egg decorations. :)