Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bags are packed-ish

Kaylen is packed. Kelton, Vicki and I are not. However, the three of us are unlikely to need to be sure we have tights to go with the dresses, or a variety of outfits should we decide that one, or more, do not feel right that day.  Last weekened I got several small household chores done. The house is reasonably clean, though certainly does not appear that I hired durham house cleaning service to really make things sparkle.  Ah, for the days when Casey and I used to have a housekeeper come in once every two weeks to make things truly clean!  Don't worry, I am paying those fees back as part of my student loans every month! Ugh. 

So, where was I going with all this? Ah - yes - we are almost ready for our trip.  Packing is underway, tickets have arrived, house is clean, work is managed - and the timing is perfect as far as work deadlines and inspections, and we may even have time to sneak in a showing of The Little Mermaid. Vicki has never seen it, and I suspect neither kid remembers seeing it. Of course, Kelton doesn't want to, but will get into it once he stops complaining about watching a princess show....

Just two and a half more days! Yippeeee!!!

1 comment:

Anysia Derora said...

I have put aside all my envy to say - WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm very excited for you and know that your imagination will get some much needed stimulation (hey that rhymes) just prior to the beginning of NaNoWriMo. And when you return, there will be a thermometer waiting for you on my whiteboard! hehehe This is going to be a great trip for you and Vicki and the kids and I'm so glad that everything is working out for you all the way around!