Monday, September 26, 2011

Caught by my own challenge

Diem, as in carpe diem, is not an easy word to start a post with, and I am pretty sure that by pointing out that I am starting this post with the notation of what I am doing somehow breaks the rules of the very challenge I threw down. On the other hand, I didn't really include many rules, so maybe I am OK here.  I see that my blogging friend has accepted the challenge and is rising to the occasion, if writing a blog entry can be an occasion.  (Am I the only person who always wants to put a double "s" in "occasion"?)

The rain seems to have begun. Is this the beginning of what could be a nine-month season of rain, clouds and darkness?  Sometimes, living in Portland (or Seattle, Olympia, Everett Salem.....) feels like one big rainy season. In all fairness, our summer was quite decent, it just did not really start in July. It started in August and is ending about now. So, six weeks-ish of the season, plus some teaser days prior to that in June and July.  I actually kind of welcome the first few days of cooler weather and rain.  It feels refreshing, and the sounds of the rain outside the still-open window are nice. It makes me want to curl up with a good book and laze around in front of the fireplace, dozing on and off all day. Oh, who are we kidding....Vicki and I would be sitting with our iPads in front of the fire, looking at free apps, maybe reading online news or a magazine, or maybe simply checking up on our dragons. 

No comments: