Friday, June 04, 2010

Random Friday Life Update

I suppose sitting for hours on end editing my photos while munching on M&Ms is a great way to end up needing quick weight loss tips. OK, truthfully, I have not resorted to that, yet, but I can see it being something I would do, if I had an extended period of free time available. It is so much fun seeing how the photos really turned out and remembering where I was, what I was doing, who I was hanging out with....all that cool vacation memory stuff.

No, for the past two nights, and clear until next Friday, my time will be spent at work, with the kids and with my new girlfriend. (Ah, there's that inadequate word again!) She's back out here visiting from Virginia again. Her job could take her away to a poverty-stricken, probably war-torn, country half-way around the world at any time, for a couple weeks, or longer, so we want to spend as much time as we can together when we can. She and Casey went out for a bit again last night while I was having dinner with the kids and deciding what games we could play when she returned. It feels good to have this woman in my world, getting to know my friends and family, spending time with the kids, figuring out who we are together.

Life has a funny way of turning tragedies into miracles when we are open to seeing the possibilities.

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

Wow! Cool! I'm glad you can include both the new lady and Casey in your life! How good that is for everyone, especially the kids. I'm so happy for all of you!

MJV said...

Wow, sounds like you and Casey are dealing with this in a very healthy and productive way. Congrats on the new relationship!