Thursday, January 22, 2009

Not Feeling It

I resisted the urge to post on this blog during my local government class last night. I was not quite bored enough to want to poke my eyes out just to entertain myself, but could clearly see the day coming that I will be in such a state. I could choose to load up on candy and eat my way through class, keeping a steady sugar high , but then I'd end up needing to buy weight loss pills, so that's no fun. Besides, it is my first of three classes; load on sugar during class #1 and there is nowhere to go but down.

It is probably not that the prof is particularly boring. (Though his stumbling through his reference materials in response to questions was not particularly inspiring.) I just need an attitude adjustment. I am ready to be done and don't want to do do the work to get there. I have no clue HOW I am going to gear up and write a 25+ page paper for another of my classes. How did I manage to sign up for that particular torture? I was thinking it would be a 10-15 page paper, that's how.

I am not the only one in this particular state of apathy. Those of us on our 8th semester of law school are all feeling quite done, thank you very much. I know I will get into the swing of things and the semester will fly by. In the mean time, I think my classmate who wants us all to quit law school to run off and work at a Borders in Costa Rica is onto something.

1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

Just let yourself go to "your happy place" and you will get through! Not long now!