Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Lego Fun at Buy.com

More shopping - done!!  How much fun does this toy look?



Way, cool, right?  This is Emporor Palpatine's Shuttle OK, well, presumably not the real one, but it is a way cool Lego model that includes 4 mini figures - Battle-damaged Anakin Skywalker with Darth Vader helmet, Emperor Palpatine, medical droid, and clone pilot. The shuttle has folding wings, functioning landing gear, opening cockpit and transformation bed. The completed model measures 12” long and has a wingspan of 15”.  This is 592 pieces of intergalactic fun that I suspect is going to make my son very happy this Christmas.  :) *shhhh...don't tell*  He has been somewhat into Legos for a couple years, but this year, he became VERY interested and skilled at building sets and making up his own creations. I am quite supportive of any constructive ways he finds of expressing creativity, so Legos gets my vote any day.

This ship is from Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith.  I never actually saw any of the prequel movies...never beyond the original movies with  very young Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher. I suspect I will soon see the movies I have missed though. They are sitting in a boxed set under the TV as Vicki is a huge fan of Star Wars and owns them all.   Sounds like a good marathon theme on some cold winter day.  

Anyway, the Palpatine Shuttle can be found on sale at many locations this Holiday season, the reviews are great, and I know where there is one hiding in my apartment.  :)


No comments: