Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Gearing up for the Holiday Season

Oh my gosh, where did the semester go? I am technically done with all regularly scheduled classes, but I do have two review sessions left. One I will catch on podcast, but I will go to the other one tomorrow night. Weird. I'm not sure I ever got so into the rhythm of this semester that I was tired of it. That's pretty nice. Yes, there were nights I would have preferred to not be in class, but I was not sick of it, you know?

Now, for the next week, or so, I will be cramming to figure out what I learned, and organize it, so I can spit it back out on an exam. I have three of them. In one class we had a major paper due. I turned it in yesterday! Yippee!

I am already mentally pretty into Christmas. The house is all decorated, our lights are up, shopping for the kids is pretty much done - thanks to Wife and Amazon, and I have done most of my shopping for Wife's Birthday and Christmas. I still have a bit to do, but lots of time, still. We have both gotten very much into shopping on the internet - so much easier than getting out into the crowds, and more realistic considering kids and our schedules. Let's face it, there's not much you can't get over the internet:

Want books or toys - check out Amazon.
Want shoes - check out MBT shoes.
Want meals - try Home Bistro.
Want anything - just do a search, and PRESTO!, there it is.

Once the "have to's" of the season are done, then we can simply enjoy the good stuff - the lights, the music, the decorations, even the mall is fun when you don't HAVE to shop. Good family times ahead!

2 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

I have classes tonight and one Final next Wednesday and then i'm done. Ready also. Of course the craptastical time at work didn't contribute to the greatest semester but at least I know i'm doing something to get the hell out of here!

Monogram Queen said...

Were your ears burning yesterday about 5pm? You were the topic in one of my classes. I am the oldest one in there with a bunch of teens/early 20 somethings and I was telling the instructor (who is only a wee bit older than I) about you graduating Law School next semester and how you inspired me to go back to school and she asked if I would share that with the class. One of the girls said "I always love hearing your stories Ms. Patti" and the lone guy in our class said "I will miss you when this class is over". OMG I wanted to CRY. I am going to make something special to give them before our Final next Wednesday. They are a good group of kids!