Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Where Have I Been?

I see it has been a month since I posted! Wow! I have been busy with life and kids and work.  I have what I hope will be some great pictures of the last couple of weekends to post.  Two weekends ago Vicki and I took the kids camping up at the edge of the Olympic National Forest. Amazing!  We took a couple beautiful hikes, had campfires, ate s'mores and generally had a blast!  This past weekend Vicki and I were on our own and went to The Dalles, which is about an hour and a half east of Portland, and in an entirely different climate zone because it is on the other side of the mountains, and thus dessert-like. Amazingly beautiful scenery on the Columbia River Gorge - and I took lots of pictures.  On Saturday we saw petroglyphs, birds, a wonderful lake and ended the day with wine-tasting at a local winery, and some good food. 

I am about to leave on an overnight pre-inspection trip for work, so have to run. Hope to post some pictures soon.

1 comment:

Lynilu said...

Good to hear from you again! Post those pictures you took, for goodness sake!

The camping trip sounds nice. None of that would take place here. Most forests are closed; no open fires of any kind. Wildfires are burning all over the state. Very sad.