Friday, October 28, 2005

"This was your decision."

OK - this will be a short entry, but I just had to write it.
Last night before class, a friend and I were teasing each other about hearing from our partners unsypathetic variations of the phrase, "This was your decision." Both of us have supportive partners, but let's face it, being with a law student is no easy task. As I have mentioned before, our families bear additional burdens due to our student status, so it's not unreasonable that they sometimes have little sympathy for our self-imposed stress, lack of sleep, workload..etc.

As we were talking, a classmate starts laughing and says, "Oh my gosh, I hear that all the time!"

He says he was a wonderfully supportive wife. We all do - and part of that support seems to be reminding us that it was our choice to go to law school :)

I suspect only other law students will find this entry amusing.

(To my partner: I love you, honey!)

1 comment:

Casey said...

Yeah. You better.

And just so you know - I stand by my line of "this *was* and *is* your choice". I never signed up to be virtually a single mom of two small children. It is hard and frustrating and not something I would have willingly signed up to do.

I'm lonely and I'm tired of being Mommy on Duty 24/7. And.....it's only been 8 weeks.

I am proud of you for forging ahead with your dreams. I just can't help but feel lost in the shuffle.

Sorry.....I'm just in a weird space today. :(