As I thought about writing this, I found it interesting to note the things that came to mind first: lesbian, mid-40’s, mother of two amazing kids. Those seem to reflect my priorities right now…..and also maybe that I am still working on the “what else?” I am technically a lawyer, but not practicing in a traditional way. I do not identify much with my new job, yet, so “pipeline compliance specialist” is not particularly significant, other than as employment. I am a partner, a friend, a daughter, a sister, and an aunt. I am a writer – but I don’t write as much as I would like. I enjoy kayaking, hiking, walking, Mexican food, seafood, pizza and chocolate, snorkeling, taking pictures, exploring new areas and seeing new things, taking naps, sharing wine and good conversation – which gets better the more you drink, bookstores, office supply stores and toy stores. I plan on writing more, meditating more, and possibly learning Spanish. I am learning to eat better and enjoy it….but I do get tired of cooking, and dislike grocery shopping. I am happy that my girlfriend/partner enjoys cooking, especially when we do it together. I am a big kid at heart and love playing with my kids, who right now are 6 and almost 9. Exploring the world with them, playing a game, or even watching movies together is a great way to spend time.
A Recent Picture
This is me a couple week ago at the Kilauea Caldera in Hawaii. Not the greatest photo, perhaps, but it is recent and fun!
15 Interesting Facts
OK, so I am not sure how interesting these are, but here goes:
1. I have a small scar on my left hand that looks like a wishbone.
2. I am learning animal communication.
3. My partner and I were friends in high school, and then were out of touch for over 25 years.
4. My mom was 35 when she had me, and I was 35 when my first son was born.
5. I am not afraid of spiders, snakes, rats…etc….but would prefer they not surprise me. :)
6. My favorite foods include salmon and pizza.
7. Coke over Pepsi
8. Dark chocolate over milk chocolate (but enjoy both!)
9. I can roll my tongue.
10. I am right-handed.
11. I did a lot of ventriloquism performances in junior high and high school.
12. I went to what was considered a major hippie school for undergrad.
13. I dislike math – not a numbers geek at all. I can DO it, but I do not enjoy it.
14. I am not a person who enjoys trouble-shooting computer problems. I just want the damn thing to work.
15. I came out as a lesbian, to myself and others, when I was 21. It had never occurred to me before that point.